tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Padam J Singh ...@padamj.com>
Subject Stateless actions for web application
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 06:51:56 GMT
Hello,

I have a web application that is installed on two servers, each hosting
a tomcat server with the following version details:

Server version: Apache Tomcat/5.5.20
Server built:   Sep 12 2006 10:09:20
Server number:  5.5.20.0
OS Name:        Linux
OS Version:     2.6.18-92.el5
Architecture:   i386
JVM Version:    1.5.0_07-b03
JVM Vendor:     Sun Microsystems Inc.

The session replication is enabled between the two servers. The two
application servers are front-ended by two apache http servers with
mod_jk that do load balancing requests to the two tomcat instances and
also do sticky sessions so requests go to the same server every time.

Now in the application, there are two kind of actions (stateful and
stateless). There are certain actions which constitute 99% of total
requests which have no session relevance or logic required. The issue is
that I do not want to enable session replication for these actions. In
fact I do not want ANY session management at all for these actions. How
is it possible to exclude these requests for session creation and
replication?

Thanks,
Paddy.