tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Savoy, Melinda" <MelindaSa...@texashealth.org>
Subject RE: Question on workers.properties file
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 17:53:20 GMT

[Wed May 26 12:38:41.480 2010] [4684:228] [debug] jk_isapi_plugin.c (3108): Service protocol=HTTP/1.1

which is what I'm trying to avoid.  Again the hope is that IIS can authenticate and forward
the user value to Tomcat seamlessly.

Thanks again for the reply and your help.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.jung@kippdata.de]
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2010 11:52 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Question on workers.properties file

On 26.05.2010 18:30, Savoy, Melinda wrote:
> Trying again to see if I can respond to Andre's question regarding what my directory
structure is in order to help me determine where I've gone wrong in my setup and why I'm not
getting the auth and user values in the request that is being forwarded to my Tomcat server.
 I can connect via the Tomcat connector to my site successfully however, I cannot authenticate
my userid and therefore I cannot get to my application which is dependent on that value so
that the authenticated user can access the web app.

> Here is my setup:
>
> 1.  Andre, before you ask, I am still waiting on a test Windows 2003 server to be setup
where I can test this on a server rather than my XP box as you suggested to me previously,
but I'm stuck testing on my Windows XP box until then.
> 2.  Currently I am testing to see if using the Tomcat connector will work on my local
Windows XP box.
> 3.  I am testing my web app within Eclipse using Tomcat 6.0 (meaning my web app is a
dynamic web project within Eclipse and has been added to the Tomcat server in Eclipse).
> 4.  My URL is:  http://localhost/SCMIS/index.jsp
> 5.  The directory structure on my local box where my web app is located is:  C:\Snaps\savoym_remote_scmis_phase5_dev\scmis_phase5_vob
and the directories directly under this directory is:
> Build
> Common
> Libraries
> Lookup
> Lost+found
> Maintenance
> PurchaseOrder
> Requisition
> SCMIS (this is the where the JSP's are located and this is the directory that is defined
in my SCMIS IIS virtual web site)
> Security
> 6.  In IIS 5.1, on my Windows XP box, the setup is as follows:
> a. Default website has a directory security setting of (Anonymous access - checked)
> b. jakara virtual website has a directory security setting of (Anonymous access - checked)
> c. SCMIS virtual website, within the jakarta virtual website, has a directory security
setting of (Windows Authentication - checked)

Does it work, if you switch all of those three to "Anonymous access"
unchecked and "Windows Authentication" checked?

What is the SCMIS virtual website in IIS for? Are you trying to serve
static content directly form IIS? If "no", I don't see a reason why you
would want to have that virtual website. Are you forwarding /SCMIS/* to
Tomcat, or only JSPs?

As I wrote in a previous post, it didn't work for me when i only
switched the jakarta virtual website to Windows auth. It only started to
work, when I changed the default website too.

Regards,

Rainer

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only for the use
of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.
 Please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message from
your system.