tomcat-users mailing list archives

From savoym <MelindaSa...@texashealth.org>
Subject Question on workers.properties file
Date Tue, 18 May 2010 20:27:17 GMT

I just got IIS to forward my request to Tomcat using the Apache
Tomcat-Connectors doc.

I am trying to authenticate the user login/id that executes the request to
my web app to be able to grab the user login and use in my java  app.

Has anyone on this list setup a server environment variable in the
workers.properties file that would equal the
REQUEST.SERVERVARIABLE(AUTH_USER) in IIS?

Can I get the same thing from the HttpServletRequest object by using the
getRemoteUser method when the request is made from IIS?

Any help here would be appreciated.