tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Karthik Nanjangude <karthik.nanjang...@xius-bcgi.com>
Subject RE: FW: General / Special cause under which TOMCAT Crash been noticed
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 04:44:01 GMT
Hi

As I have indicated that my Web application would be installed /run remotely with out any
monitoring factor (for reasons)

I was validating in such situations ,if any known reasons for Tomcat Crash happens ...How
to restart automatically with mail notification as the only form of  offline monitor for status.

With regards
karthik

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregor Schneider [mailto:rc46fi@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 4:38 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: FW: General / Special cause under which TOMCAT Crash been noticed

Karthik,

*If* any OutOfMemoryError occurs within Tomcat, the reason for said
error will be some faulty webapp, meaning it is likely to crash any
other servlet-container, too.

Therefore, stick to the rules I pointed out above, and you'll be fine:

> Make sure you have some solutions ready in case of DDoS, see that your
> OS is stable and on a current patchlevel and scrutinize  the software
> you're installing into Tomcat (aka Webapps) thoroughly - that's about
> it.

Rgds

Gregor
--
just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2