tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <peter.crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject Re: How to run second instance of Tomcat 6.0.20 on separate port
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:22:26 GMT
On 21 April 2010 13:04, Kapil Godara <kapil.godara@gmail.com> wrote:

> (I installed tomcat 6.0.20 using apache-tomcat-6.0.20.exe, it does not
> create any startup.bat or shutdown.bat file in bin folder. this
> installation
> creates window service. tomcat6w.exe in turn calls tomcat6.exe)
>
> That's your issue.  For no good reason that anyone on this list has been
able to fathom, the .exe doesn't contain the batch files; the .zip download
does.

To get this running, I suggest you:
1) Download the .zip version of 6.0.20;
2) Unzip it somewhere safe;
3) Copy the missing .bat files to your second installation;
4) Carry on with what you were doing now that you have the files.

If you later want to install the second instance as a second service, you
can do that - but I'd get it running standalone first.  It's far easier to
debug startup errors on a standalone Tomcat, in my experience.

- Peter