tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Leon Rosenberg <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat scalability setting - need help please
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 06:38:28 GMT
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 2:28 AM,  <cinlung@gmail.com> wrote:
> As what I meant by exhaustive, I went to the extent of building my own cache scheme and
it worked, the process still long, but at least it does not kill the other user, but if two
or more user doing the >same huge process at the same time it will still consume the server.

If by "same" you mean, that they send the same query in parallel,
before a result can be encached, you could solve this problem, by
having a central cache which stores the result of a future computation
(literally a flag that a result will be available soon and there is no
need to send the same query again).

Anyway, if you want to achieve a better insight into your application
you should consider using a monitoring framework.

regards
Leon