tomcat-users mailing list archives

From aditya siram <aditya.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Installing Java Advanced Imaging In Tomcat.
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 20:31:02 GMT
Hi all,
I am having issues using jai [1]  with a Tomcat webapp. I am running
the tomcat6 package installed from the Ubuntu repos.

The webapp does some image decompression and is unable to detect
CLibJpegImageReader which is a class in the jai_imageio.jar.

I have copied this jar file to my WEB-INF/lib directory and also to
/var/lib/tomcat6/lib and /usr/share/tomcat6/lib hoping that it would
work from one of these locations. Additionally it is in my
JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext directory so it should be available after the
bootstrap phase.

I know that JAI is installed correctly because a stand-alone app is
able to access the required class.

Any help is appreciated....
-deech

[1] http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/desktop/media/jai/