tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Basic Question
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:04:17 GMT
2010/4/16 Rhino <>:
> However, when I click on my servlets, like /FileUploadServlet for example, I
> get this:
>  HTTP Status 404 - /FileUploadServlet/

The keyword here is welcome page.  If your WAR file does not have
index.jsp or index.html, or some explicit mapping for its root
address, you will get a 404 response trying to access the root of your

According to the web.xml that you posted, your application will
respond to the following URLs:

Some pointers:

You may also want to know, that ${catalina.base}/conf/web.xml provides
the defaults for your WEB-INF/web.xml.
Do not change that common file (in /conf), though, unless it is really needed.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: