tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Libor Arndt" <libor.ar...@email.cz>
Subject Ldap connection as resource problem
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 06:25:06 GMT
Hello,

I want to use LDAP as resource like I am used to access Oracle database to
store user credentials.
I implemented custom factory class and defined a resource in the
server.xml:

<Resource name="ldaptest"
auth="Container"
type="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx"
factory="test.LdapFactory"
java.naming.factory.initial="com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory"
com.sun.jndi.ldap.connect.pool="true"
java.naming.provider.url="ldap://....:389/"
java.naming.security.authentication="simple"
java.naming.security.principal="..."
java.naming.security.credentials="..."/>

Connection works but there are two fundamental problems:

A. During startup GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener is making a mBean for
every entry in the LDAP directory. There are  tens of thousand of them.
The only way to prevent making mbeans is disabling the
GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener in the server.xml, which is not possible
in the production environment.
Is there any other way?
B. The Factory is called and InitialDirContext is created only once, then
the binding type is changed from NamingEntry.REFERENCE to
NamingEntry.ENTRY.
But having used it, I close the InitialDirContext and it's not reusable. I
need to recreate InitialDirContext every time  it is looked up, not only
the first time.
Is there any solution except for modyfing the Tomcat source?

thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Libor Arndt