tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Behrang S. Zadeh" <>
Subject Context accesible in two context paths while it must be accessible in only one
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 23:58:56 GMT
Hi all,

I have defined a very simple Web application and stored it under
webapps/example. I have also defined a Context file for it named example.xml
and placed it under conf/Catalina/localhost. The content of example.xml file

<Context path="/example1" docBase="example"

             prefix="localhost_example_log." suffix=".txt"

Now I assume that this Web app must only be accessible via
http://localhost:8080/example1. However it is accessible via both
http://localhost:8080/example1 and http://localhost:8080/example. Any ideas
why is this happening?

The deployment server is *Tomcat 5.0.30*. The whole server directory can be
downloaded from:

Thanks in advance,