tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Curtis Garman <curt.gar...@gmail.com>
Subject log4j email appender and hostname
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:06:31 GMT
Does anyone know if it is possible to access the HOSTNAME environment
variable in a log4j.properties file. Basically I'm using the email appender
and would like to include the host in the email subject line so I can easily
determine which server generated the email. I can hard-code this info but I
was thinking there might be a way that tomcat can read something like

log4j.appender.email.subject=Java Application Error (${HOSTNAME})

--
Curtis Garman