tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't login to Tomcat manager pages
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:45:37 GMT
2010/4/22 Luís de Sousa <luis.a.de.sousa@gmail.com>:
> I then performed a shutdown and startup. Unlike yesterday, today I'm
> getting a "Connection refused" exception when shutting down,

"Connection refused" means Tomcat was not running, or failed to stop.

If it is still running, you can use "kill" utility to stop it.

>From your logs:

> java.net.BindException: Address already in use<null>:8080

means that Tomcat failed to start, because another instance of Tomcat
is still running and using those port numbers.

By the way: The attachments to this list are usually stripped by mailing list
software, but yours somehow reached me.
.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko