tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0.26, JSF problems
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:57:38 GMT
2010/4/13 Peter Kovgan <>:
> I have simple and standard MyFaces app. deployed, that worked successfully on
> 6.0.18 tomcat on the same OS(Ubuntu kernel 2.6.31-20-generic, i686).
> After deploy on 6.0.26 it stops to work correctly.

For the #{} expressions to be recognized in Tomcat 6, your web
application must adhere to the Servlet 2.5 specification. Make sure,
that version and xsi:schemaLocation attributes of <web-app> element in
your WEB-INF/web.xml file have the correct values.  You can look into
conf/web.xml or into the examples application for an example.

In the versions 6.0.24 and earlier the deferred expressions were
processed regardless of the specification version specified in
web.xml. That was changed/fixed in 6.0.26.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: