tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Harry Metske <harry.met...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Classpath for JSP
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:14:09 GMT
Reuven,

you say the error is "it is not found by the compiler used by Tomcat6", but
that is not clear from the JSP compiler output.
It says "....The constructor DB_Connection() is undefined", so Kris's
suggestion is right.
You could split the statement in a declaration and an assignment to prove
it:

DB_Connection dbCon;
dbCon = new DB_Connection();

Also, do you get this error only if you declare the DB_Connection() in a
JSP, or also if you declare it in another Java class ?
(the JSP compiler uses a slightly different classpath than the webapp
classloader)

regards,
Harry