tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "100boxing@gmail.com" <100box...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 5.5.x (jasper-compiler-jdt.jar) Licensing
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2010 16:28:56 GMT
Hello,

I have a question about the use of jasper-compiler-jdt.jar in Apache Tomcat
5.5.x.  Is this component in use with Apache Tomcat 5.5.x considered to be
licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 or the Eclipse Public License
v 1.0?

(If this is out of context for this list please ignore.)
Also, if the jasper-compiler-jdt.jar is licensed under the Eclipse Public
License v 1.0, I am looking for a legal definition of "commercial
decision".  In particular I am trying to find what constitutes a commercial
distribution under the Eclipse Public License v 1.0 (EPL v1 section
4<http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html>).

Thank you,

John