tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luís de Sousa <luis.a.de.so...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can't login to Tomcat manager pages
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:07:40 GMT
On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 1:29 PM, David Smith <david.smith@cornell.edu>
> I have a Ubuntu 9.10 system and did exactly what you've posted above.
> It works like a charm.  Have you altered anything else?  Change
> permission inadvertently on tomcat-users.xml?  Mine is read/write by
> root, read-only by tomcat6.

Well David you figured it. By some reason the tomcat-users.xml had
blank permissions for the 'all' group. I have no idea how it ended up
that way, and doubt I'd do such thing out of my own will. Go figure.

I think I'll run a test install on another machine to see if this is
set by default.

Thanks to all for your help,

Luís