tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Karthick Ragunath <karthick.ragun...@live.com>
Subject RE: unable to start Tomcat in Windows 7 prof - 64 bit
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 03:24:08 GMT

     Atlast, i am now able to start Tomcat 6.X
     I have uninstalled 32 bit JDK and installed 64 bit JDK.
     Then installed Tomcat 6.X

For Tomcat6.x to run, if i have 64 bit OS, should i have 64 bit JDK?

When i downloaded Tomcat, i clicked on the link "32-bit/64-bit
 Windows Service Installer
 (pgp,

 md5)"
available in official Tomcat download page ("http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi")

I believed that this Tomcat6.x will work with both 64 and 32 bit JDK.

regards
karthick