tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Brisbin <jon.bris...@npcinternational.com>
Subject Re: Problems with ImageIO
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 19:44:23 GMT

On Apr 7, 2010, at 1:38 PM, Thad Humphries wrote:

> Today I installed Tomcat 6.0.26 on Linux and tried running my webapp.  Under
> this version of Tomcat, Iterator<ImageReader> returned by
> ImageIO.getImageReadersByFormatName("tiff") returns false for hasNext().

I had a similar problem (though it's maybe not even related) setting up a new Tomcat server
on a fresh Ubuntu Linux install. We also use tif images and I had to install a couple extra
ImageMagick packages, as well as something in JAI to get it to recognize .tif as a format.
Until I did that, I could not process tiff images.

Jon Brisbin
Portal Webmaster
NPC International, Inc.