tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jeffrey Janner" <Jeffrey.Jan...@PolyDyne.com>
Subject RE: Hung threads
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 16:26:23 GMT
Thanks, but <Executor> is not available in 5.5 -- at least according to
the documentation.

-----Original Message-----
From: Filip Hanik - Dev Lists [mailto:devlists@hanik.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:03 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Hung threads

Looks like just idle threads, not really a problem

If you want the thread pool to shrink and stop idle threads, use an 
<Executor> element in server.xml

Filip

On 04/13/2010 08:50 AM, Jeffrey Janner wrote:
> Before someone asks for it:
>      <Connector address="172.16.27.1" port="443"
maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
>                 maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="5"
maxSpareThreads="75"
>                 enableLookups="false" acceptCount="100"
>                 connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true"
> compression="on"
>
>
compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/plain,text/css,text/csv,te
> xt/javascript,text/rtf,text/richtext"
>                 scheme="https" secure="true" clientAuth="false"
> SSLEngine="on"
>                 SSLCertificateFile="path_to_server.crt"
>                 SSLCertificateKeyFile=" path_to_server.key"
>                 SSLCertificateChainFile="path_to_server_chain.crt"
>                 SSLPassword="changeit" />
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jeffrey Janner [mailto:Jeffrey.Janner@PolyDyne.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 9:44 AM
> To: Tomcat Users List
> Subject: Hung threads
>
> I had a connector go from minimal connections (restart) to all threads
> hung overnight.
>
> The current thread dump shows the threads as follows:
>
>
>
> "http-172.16.27.1-443-150" daemon prio=6 tid=0x66793800 nid=0xe43c in
> Object.wait() [0x7063f000]
>
>     java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
>
>                  at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>
>                  - waiting on<0x1a924f00>  (a
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker)
>
>                  at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
>
>                  at
>
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.await(AprEndpoint.java:125
> 5)
>
>                  - locked<0x1a924f00>  (a
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker)
>
>                  at
>
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1280)
>
>                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
>
>
> "http-172.16.27.1-443-149" daemon prio=6 tid=0x6496d400 nid=0xe400 in
> Object.wait() [0x705ff000]
>
>     java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
>
>                  at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>
>                  - waiting on<0x1a954140>  (a
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker)
>
>                  at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
>
>                  at
>
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.await(AprEndpoint.java:125
> 5)
>
>                  - locked<0x1a954140>  (a
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker)
>
>                  at
>
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1280)
>
>                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
>
>
> "http-172.16.27.1-443-148" daemon prio=6 tid=0x6496f400 nid=0xe3b0 in
> Object.wait() [0x705bf000]
>
>     java.lang.Thread.State: WAITING (on object monitor)
>
>                  at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
>
>                  - waiting on<0x1a8655f0>  (a
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker)
>
>                  at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:485)
>
>                  at
>
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.await(AprEndpoint.java:125
> 5)
>
>                  - locked<0x1a8655f0>  (a
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker)
>
>                  at
>
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$Worker.run(AprEndpoint.java:1280)
>
>                  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
>
>
>
> and so on.  Other connectors are running OK, though some also show
> threads in the same state.  All other threads look normal.  This has
one
> customer's app hung, but others in the Tomcat instance are working
just
> fine.  Any help on where to start looking here?
>
>
>
> Server Details:  Windows 2000 SP4, Sun JDK 1.6.0_18, Tomcat 5.5.17,
> native libs 1.1.18.
>
>
>
> Waiting for TC 5.5.29 before upgrading due to bugs with APR/SSL in
> 5.5.28.
>
>
>
> Jeff
>
>
> *******************************  NOTICE
> *********************************
> This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
> which
> it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
> reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee
or
> agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient,
>
> you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying
>
> of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this
>
> communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
> telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete
this
> message and all its attachments.
>
> *******************************  NOTICE
*********************************
> This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to
which
> it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged,
> confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the
> reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee
or
> agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended
recipient,
> you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying
> of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received
this
> communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by
> telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete
this
> message and all its attachments.
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org
>
>
>    


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org



*******************************  NOTICE  *********************************
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which 
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, 
confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the 
reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or 
agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, 
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying 
of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this 
communication in error, please notify us immediately by reply or by 
telephone (call us collect at 512-343-9100) and immediately delete this 
message and all its attachments.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@tomcat.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@tomcat.apache.org


Mime
View raw message