tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat does not honor acceptCount configuration variable
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 15:39:06 GMT
> From: Timir Hazarika [mailto:timir.hazarika@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat does not honor acceptCount configuration variable
>
> I would like tomcat to use a maximum of (say) 5 sockets on my system.
> Further connection requests should be dropped. How may I achieve that ?

There's no direct control for the number of sockets, but you should be able to limit the number
of concurrent HTTP connections by setting maxThreads to 5 and acceptCount to zero, and using
the JIO connector or disabling keep-alives.  There will still be some additional sockets used
for the shutdown port, DB connections, etc.

 - Chuck