tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Why HttpSessionEvent comes prior to ServletRequestEvent
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 12:47:44 GMT
> From: Mercy [mailto:techmercy@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Why HttpSessionEvent comes prior to ServletRequestEvent
>
> Thanks,but I can't understand why not ServnetRequestEvent comes first?

Because the QuantumTunneling filter to reorder reality isn't scheduled until Tomcat 8.  (Yes,
this is 1 April.)

As Mark said, something is triggering session creation before your webapp code gets control.
 One possibility is that the user is required to log in.  Enable full logging if you want
to see all the gory details.

 - Chuck