tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dockery <dockeryjava...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: smartcards for tomcat webapps
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:50:16 GMT
Thank you.

So did you load the  ca root cert (self-signed "top of chain") into the truststorefile?
via keytool?

also

does your web app's web.xml have the following?
  <login-config>
    <auth-method>CLIENT-CERT</auth-method>
  </login-config>
and
<security-constraint>
    <user-data-constraint>
    </user-data-constraint>
</security-constraint>

________________________________
From: Goo Sam Kong <skgoo88@gmail.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Tue, April 6, 2010 10:21:49 PM
Subject: Re: smartcards for tomcat webapps

On 6 April 2010 20:39,  <dockeryjavaman@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anyone using smartcards for auth?
>
> If so, have specific example code excerpt and server.xml?
Minimum configuration changes required for HTTPS connector in
server.xml is to add attributes below and amend value of clientAuth
attribute from false to true or want.

1. truststoreFile
2. truststorePass
3. truststoreType

    <!-- Define a SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
connectionTimeout="15000" -->
               acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="want/true" sslProtocol="TLS"
           truststoreFile="xxxx" truststorePass="xxx" truststoreType="xxx" />

No code change required in server side.

Refer to http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/ssl-howto.html for
SSL configuration in server.xml.