tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: development platform for jaxws-based webapps
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 23:14:09 GMT
Addendum:

It looks like the annotation @WebService() does a lot of magic under the covers. This will
create some problems with you shut down the service provider.

In particular:

SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [null]
 (value [org.glassfish.gmbal.generic.OperationTracer$1@6de4b])
 and a value of type [java.util.ArrayList] (value [[]])
 but failed to remove it when the web application
 was stopped. To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly
 removed.

SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [null]
 (value [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.Coordinator$1@ec32de])
 and a value of type [java.lang.Object[]]
 (value [[Ljava.lang.Object;@ffab0a])
 but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped.
 To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [null]
 (value [com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ClassFactory$1@1365360])
 and a value of type [java.util.WeakHashMap]
 (value [
  {class com.sun.xml.ws.runtime.config.Tubelines
    =java.lang.ref.WeakReference@19bf996,
   class com.sun.xml.ws.runtime.config.MetroConfig
    =java.lang.ref.WeakReference@11f1f12,
   class javax.xml.bind.annotation.W3CDomHandler
    =java.lang.ref.WeakReference@30e4a7,
   class com.sun.xml.ws.runtime.config.TubelineDefinition
    =java.lang.ref.WeakReference@1f39c59,
   class java.util.ArrayList
    =java.lang.ref.WeakReference@9db0ad,
   class com.sun.xml.ws.runtime.config.TubeFactoryList
    =java.lang.ref.WeakReference@ba679e,
   class javax.xml.bind.annotation.adapters.CollapsedStringAdapter
    =java.lang.ref.WeakReference@1e8b671,
   class com.sun.xml.ws.runtime.config.TubeFactoryConfig
    =java.lang.ref.WeakReference@121dcac}])
 but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped.
To prevent a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

SEVERE: A web application created a ThreadLocal with key of type [null]
	(value [org.glassfish.gmbal.generic.OperationTracer$1@6de4b])
	and a value of type [java.util.ArrayList] (value [[]])
	but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. To prevent
	a memory leak, the ThreadLocal has been forcibly removed.

It looks like some cleanup or hand coding is in order. Otherwise repeated deployments will
cause a memory leak in earlier versions of Tomcat 6, and fill up your log files with Tomcat
6.0.26.