tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Can't login to Tomcat manager pages
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 07:56:49 GMT
On 21/04/2010 18:45, Propes, Barry L wrote:
> I started having a similar problem yesterday and discovered that somehow my web.xml file
had been deleted (not sure how), so I replaced it.

> Make sure you have that in your manager folder in WEB-INF.

Barry probably meant: "make sure you have a web.xml in WEB-INF, in
webapps/manager" - because a web.xml in a manager directory in (any)
WEB-INF isn't going to be discovered by Tomcat.

I set a new user and a few roles in the /etc/tomcat6/tomcat-users.xml file, restarted Tomcat
but can't possibly login.

> I browsed through a number of threads with similar issues but couldn't solve it so far.
Note that I uncommented the users section in the file, it is reproduced below.