tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject a servlet-related Java question
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 18:52:50 GMT
Hi.
A while ago, I wrote a servlet filter which has served me well since, to
wrap a servlet for which I do not have nor can obtain the source code,
and of which I only generally know what it does.
Now it seems that with a new version of this servlet, the servlet itself
crashes when wrapped by my filter, with a
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException.

My servlet filter, under certain conditions, creates a
HttpRequestWrapper derived object, which it passes to the servlet
instead of the original HttpServletRequest object.
I have a suspicion that the ultimate reason for the servlet crash, is
that it now calls a method which I have not re-defined in my wrapper,
which method the previous servlet version did not call (and that it is
not very defensive about the result it expects to get, but nothing I can
do about that).

All this to ask the following : is there some generic java tool which
allows to examine a compiled .class file, and determine which methods of
HttpServletRequest it calls ?
I do not need nor want to decompile the class, just to know what it calls.

Thanks.