tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Logging Requirement in Tomcat 5.5.16
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 09:45:32 GMT
Goo Sam Kong wrote:
> Hi Pid,
>
> My answer below.
>
> I saw the same file names in another server (not implement log4j yet), that
> server is running on default logging (Tomcat Juli).
>
> I think Tomcat by default created those extra zip files, I would like to
> know how to disable that.

Tomcat does not create gzipped logfiles.
I would venture that the most likely candidate for this is that you have
a logrotate script which runs under cron from time to time, and which
does it.
If you are under Linux, start with the /etc directory and look for
anything that mentions logrotate, maybe starting in the /etc/cron.*
directories.