tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christoph Kukulies <k...@kukulies.org>
Subject Re: common/endorsed - Tomcat 6.0
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 07:24:54 GMT
Harry Metske schrieb:
> 2010/4/18 Christoph Kukulies <kuku@kukulies.org>
>

>> Harry Metske schrieb:

>>> assuming you are now using tomcat 6:  remove it, it is no longer used
>>>

>> em, er, excuse me, you are kidding. what is then the current version? Or
>> should I go back to 5.5
>> with all my other apps?
>>

> sorry, maybe I was not clear enough.
> In your first email you did not mention what version of tomcat you are
> using, you only mentioned that you had a build file that was probably for
> tomcat 5.
> The current version of tomcat is of course 6, and in version 6 there is no
> longer a common/endorsed directory, in that case my suggestion was to remove
> the common/endorsed from your build file too (and move all jars to lib).
>
> regards,
> Harry

Thanks. I wrote it in the subject (6.0). Actually it was the latest
(6.0.26).
And I meant that Tomcat 6 doesn't have the common/endorsed and
shared/lib directories. Wonder whether they wok when I create them
and put the stuff in there.

I got around it for now by using MyEclipse and the embedded tomcat
there. Although in the long run I would like
to put the WSIT/wsdl enabled stuff into my "normal" tomcat webapps
directory.

Maybe I just put them in there with the web.xml and see what happens.

--
Christoph Kukulies