tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Problem moving from file upload servlet to JSP
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:19:29 GMT
Ken Bowen wrote:

> Long form.  Here's the html for file upload (vanilla):
>
> <form name="csvUploadForm" action="csvfileupload" method="post"
> enctype="multipart/form-data">
>     <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Upload CSV File"
> onclick="uploadCSVFile();return false;">
> </form>

Without and before getting to the Java stuff, I do not really understand
why above you have a button of type "submit", but with an "onClick"
event triggering a javascript function.
Either the button should be of type "button" and have an onClick event
handler, or it should be of type "submit" and not have an event handler.
I suspect that by specifying both, you may be generating 2 actions and
confusing the browser and/or the receiving end.