tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <tomcat-us...@list-post.mks-mail.de>
Subject Re: Tomcat scalability settings
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 08:46:48 GMT
08.04.2010 09:42, cinlung@gmail.com:

> I am newbie here. I don't understand what you meant by hi-jacking this thread. I simply
asking tomcat user mailing lis of any solution to my issue.
> Did I do something wrong? If so, please let me know what I did wrong.

When you want to talk about a new topic, create a new thread, i. e.
create a *new* mail and address it at users@tomcat.apache.org.

What you did instead is create a reply to Florian's message which is
about an entirely different topic. That you changed the subject line in
your reply doesn't change the fact that you mail client did what you
told it to: create a reply. That is called thread hi-jacking.

It's pure accident that I read your post, since I tend to ignore
hi-jacked threads. And I may not be the only one doing so. Therefore,
it's in your own very interest to not hide your messages in an
completely unrelated discussion thread.

--
Regards
  mks