tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generated Java files using Jasper has incorrect names...
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 11:14:15 GMT
On 06/04/2010 11:03, TWönlìnè wrote:
> I used JASPER 2 which includes with TOMCAT (6.0.20), to pre compile some of
> my JSP files,
> but there is a problem with file names which are pre compiled by Jasper.

Problem? What problem? Some indication of the actual problem you are
seeing would help here.

> If there is a underscore on JSP files then Jasper will generate Java files
> with incorrect names.

Define incorrect? Not what you expected? I don't see anything incorrect
about what Tomcat is doing here.

> e.g.
>
> compiled JSP file -> "get_BreadCrumbs.jsp"
> pre compiled Java file -> "get_005fBreadCrumbs_jsp.java"
>
> as you can see name has some unnecessary "005f" tag on the name.

It isn't unnecessary, it is required for correct behaviour.

> How to prevent this,

You can't. It is intentional.

> any idea!!!!

http://wiki.lspace.org/wiki/Multiple_exclamation_marks