tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk behaviour during failure
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2010 16:44:35 GMT
On 31.03.2010 23:33, Mohit Anchlia wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 2:27 PM, Rainer Jung<rainer.jung@kippdata.de>  wrote:
>> Which version?
>>
>> If 1.2.28 or newer, look for error_escalation_time in
>
> Actually I am on 1.2.27 so can't use error escalation time. Is there
> any other way I can do it? I am seeing real odd behaviour with mod_jk.

No, there was a change in 1.2.27:

LB: Do not put loadbalancer node in error state if there is opened
channel. This fixes the bug when new connection fails due to busyness,
causing opened connections fail stickyness. This brings back per-node
busy counter and private state array for each request. We can mark the
state as error for failover to work while still operating and reporting
node as OK if there are opened working connections.

That change motivated the addition of error_escalation_time in order to
be able to stick with the previous behaviour. You will have to update to
1.2.28 or beyond.

Regards,

Rainer