tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Would like to extract every request to servelt except index.html
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 09:33:46 GMT
On 02/04/2010 09:51, Paul Taylor wrote:
> I would like every request to be redirected to a central servlet EXCEPT
>   if the request is simply index.html, but at the moment everything gets
> redirected to the servlet, how could I do what I want
>
> This is extract from my web.xml
>
> <servlet-mapping>
> <servlet-name>SearchServerServlet</servlet-name>
> <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
> </servlet-mapping>

The above makes your servlet the default servlet, so it'll handle all
requests that aren't handled by more specific url-patterns.  The welcome
files won't be processed.

You could employ a Servlet Filter which analyses the requestURI and
forwards to your servlet, but that calls chain.doFilter(hreq, hres)
otherwise.