tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Enabling HTTP Put
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2010 07:44:46 GMT
Stacy Mobley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if there was a way to enable HTTP Put via the API's.

What makes you think it is not enabled ?
(at least, presuming you are talking about Tomcat)

   I've tried using ServletContext.setAttribute("readonly", "false")
without any success.

What would that have to do with "enabling" HTTP PUT requests ?

Tomcat itself does not forbid or disable any type of valid HTTP request,
PUT included.
Now, it is your responsibility to provide an application, within Tomcat,
which can handle PUT requests.
For an example, look at the DAV application usually distributed along
with Tomcat.  That one allows appropriate clients to upload files to a
server, and this works among other things via PUT requests.