tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pid <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Cyclos application install(s)
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 21:46:29 GMT
On 01/04/2010 20:17, Rick Bragg wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 18:55 +0100, Pid wrote:

>>> Thanks,
>>> I do have a posting in that forum as well, but they seem to think it is
>>> more of a tomcat problem.  I tried to install a new copy along side my
>>> existing one, and I get the same problem.  The new copy DOES make the
>>> new database fine when I restart tomcat, but tomcat dies after that.
>>
>> Can you define "dies" in slightly more technical terms?
>>
>> What is in the logs?

> Hi,
>
> Sorry, it seems there are no errors in the logs, but after I copy (cp
> -Rp ...) then restart it on the command line (/etc/init.d/tomcat6
> restart) I see "stopping... OK" then starting ... OK".  I go to visit
> any site on the system http://xxx.xx:8080/manager for example, and there
> is no service running on 8080.  It just hangs waiting to connect.  If I
> now restart again, it only says "starting ... OK" not "stopping - then
> starting".  It seems that as long as I have a second copy of cyclos in
> webapps dir, the service running on 8080 is no longer running after any
> restarts until I remove that directory and restart.  All permissions are
> identical. and the database does get populated correctly.  Very
> Puzzling.

You are copying a live application to a location where it will create
another live application?

Or are you stopping first, then copying, then starting again?

What happens if you start up using the scripts in tomcat/bin?

What is in actually in catalina.out?  (Please include real log data.)

Is Tomcat actually running when you have two applications deployed?

What is the output of "ps -aef | grep tomcat" when run after starting
tomcat with both apps?