tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Imperialism and sad demise
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 20:33:04 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: [OT] Imperialism and sad demise
>>
>> www.lmgtfy.com now seems to lead to a search page named Topeka
>
> By design (or at least intent).  This is Google's 1 April response to the city of Topeka,
Kansas officially changing its name to "Google, Kansas" in a likely vain attempt to be the
location for the proposed super-fast network Google intends to deploy somewhere in the USA.

> Things will be back to normal in a few hours.

Probably the calm voice of reason here.
As I am located in Europe, where the day is pretty much over, I forgot
that it still has some way to run elsewhere.
We also did probably not get the coverage over here, about the
Google/Topeka story, as this is the first I hear about it.

One thing however does not fit : the lmgtfy site really links to
http://www.bing.com/search?q=....

but, at least in Europe, www.google.com looks entirely normal.

Now that I started using them, my little grey cells sugest to me that
rather than Google's, this is an April's Fool joke of the lmgtfy people,
again.  I thus readily admit having been fooled, salute their renewed
inventive spirit, and withdraw illico my earlier snide remarks.

And Len was obviously faster on the ball.
:-)

Pity for their wallets though.