tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject [OT] Imperialism and sad demise
Date Thu, 01 Apr 2010 19:25:51 GMT
Well, fellow Tomcatters, it is with deep sadness that I have to report
that one of the most beloved tools used on this forum seems to have been
hijacked.
www.lmgtfy.com now seems to lead to a search page named Topeka, with a
logo eerily reminiscent of something else, but which leads to a search
in... Bing !
Of course one has to give it's due to free enterprise, and I wish the
original lmgtfy inventors the best of luck, congratulate them on their
inventive spirit, and thank them for the numerous and humorous answers
they have made possible on this forum. I won't even ask how much dirty
money the bastards got for this new linkage, nor show any inkling of my
deep jealousy.
I have to say however that my first try, through lmgtfy, to this new
search engine, was deeply disappointing, and largely inferior to the
results I got right after that using the same simple search in Google.
Just try "tomcat +windows7" if you don't believe me.