tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gabriele Bulfon <gbul...@sonicle.com>
Subject Updating webapps classes
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:46:10 GMT
Hello,
I don't know if I'm asking something stupid, but I'm investigating this for days, and found
nothing around.
Updating a java webapp can be a problem when this java webapp is being ised 24/7 by users,
and many of them have sessions running for all the working hours.
Consider that this webapp consists of many instance classes being created during session startup.
How can I manage updates of the webapp classes without having to reload the webapp?
What I would like is that users inside the application to continue to see the old version,
while new ones logging in would see the latest one.
I don't know if there is any way for this....
Thanks
Gabriele.