tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: development platform for jaxws-based webapps
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 22:30:03 GMT
Caveats:

I'm normally a systems architect, so I get build architectures or debug performance / crash
issues.

I've also not built web services by hand.

Getting into the middle of an IDE debate starts a religious war similar in intensity to emacs
versus vi.

All of that said, I just worked through the beginning examples for web services development
using Netbeans 6.8 and Tomcat 6.0.26.

The first tutorial was clean, easy to follow, and worked fine under Fedora 11, JDK 1.6.0_19,
and Tomcat 6.0.26.

As always, just my two cents . . . .