tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: Shutdown hook for correctly unloading drivers
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:38:14 GMT
Hi Mark,

I've downloaded this profiler, but it tells me it's good for 15 days....what's the provision
for having this free?

Thanks,

Barry

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2010 7:27 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Shutdown hook for correctly unloading drivers

On 26/03/2010 11:52, Timo Meinen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know, if there is a shutdown-hook for Tomcat
> available. Or what the prefered way is, to correctly unload drivers
> like JDBC drivers.
>
> Unloading the drivers seems to be important for us, because after
> redeploying the web appliction to often during continuous integration
> leads to a OutOfMemory-Errors. And although Tomcat tells me, that it
> forces the driver to unload, I can see a significant amount of memory
> allocated additionally each time the webapp is redeployed.

Tomcat has unloaded the driver. That won't be causing your memory leak.

The memory leak prevention doesn't detect every possible cause of a leak. Get yourself a profiler
(I use YourKit because they give open source committers free licenses) and follow these steps:

http://markmail.org/message/fcbvwapt6afyndxn

Mark