tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Sexton" <geor...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject RE: Logging Anomaly
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 21:17:44 GMT

I know from experience that Apache httpd does report the compressed size.

> On the other hand, the AccessLogValve is probably executed without any
> knowledge of the compression in use, and might not be able to actually
> detect it without a lot of work. While this might technically be a bug,
> it may not be something anyone is willing to fix.

Well, the first step is to get agreement that it's a problem :). After that's done, look to
see how difficult it is to fix.

I know the best way to get a problem fixed is to fix it yourself and submit the patch. A patch
that I did made it into 5.5.29. When I get a chance, I want to try making startup multi-threaded.
I'm running over 300 hosts per server and startup times are getting big. When I'm trying to
do that I'll look at the logging. Maybe it will be easy...

> - -chris

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
303 438-9585