tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "George Sexton" <geor...@mhsoftware.com>
Subject Logging Anomaly
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 23:20:54 GMT
I'm using the HTTP 1.1 connector and I have compression turned on. I have
compressable mime types set to text/css,text/javascript.

I'm using the access log valve and I noticed that in the logs the
uncompressed file size is logged for requests.

I verified using WireShark that the files were being transmitted in GZIP
compressed format.

So, my question is this: does anyone else think this is a bug? Should I
report it?

For me, it's making my log files over report bandwidth usage, and it kind of
move some things around.

George Sexton

MH Software, Inc.

303 438-9585