tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Access to Tomcat's MBeans
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 04:33:45 GMT

"Pid" <pid@pidster.com> wrote in message
news:4B8E40B8.9070807@pidster.com...
> On 03/03/2010 06:32, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>>> From: Cummins College [mailto:cummins.group21@gmail.com]
>>> Subject: Access to Tomcat's MBeans
>>>
>>> Could someone please help us how to access Tomcat's Mbeans
>>> using Java code.
>>
>> This is not a direct answer, but you could download the source for Lambda
>> Probe (www.lambdaprobe.org) and see how it does it.
>
> Or examine the source code of the Manager app, which I believe does that.

A good suggestion.

If you are running with a SecurityManager, then you will probably be SOL
(and rightly so).  Otherwise, the main problem that has been reported here
is to find the correct MBeanServer, so if you don't mind programming against
Tomcat, using it's Registry class
(http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/api/org/apache/tomcat/util/modeler/Registry.html)

saves pain if there are multiple MBeanServers, but this assumes that you are
using TC 6.0.x.

Otherwise, startup Tomcat once with remote JMX enabled, and browse with the
remote client to find the ObjectNames that you want, and just use normal JMX
calls.

Otherwise, it's the same as anything