tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Bill Barker" <billwbar...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: check number of http connection in tomcat
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 04:15:00 GMT

"Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote in message
news:99C8B2929B39C24493377AC7A121E21F96CB875138@USEA-EXCH8.na.uis.unisys.com...
>> From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
>> Subject: Re: check number of http connection in tomcat
>>
>> 1) the correct link is probably : http://XXXx:8080/manager
>
> That will get you a 404 (at least on non-stone-age Tomcats).  The actual
> manager URL is:
> http://XXXx:8080/manager/html

It's nice to see that 3.3.2 is still so popular.  I've gotten two questions
about it in one week :).

Actually, the OP had the correct URL for TC 3.3.2.  It's called admin there,
but works more like the manager for TC 4.0+.  Since it is from the
stone-age, it has considerably less functionality.

To answer the OP, the instructions are in the index.html file under the
/webapps/admin directory.  The short answer is that if you haven't changed
the conf/apps-admin.xml (yes, TC 3.3 was the first one to have context
configuration files), then you need to edit the conf/users/admin-users.xml
to enable a user for the admin app.  The file posted by the OP is in the
wrong  format (it is for TC 4.0+).

Of course, one of the things that the TC 3.3 admin app lacks is the ability
to show the number of connections, so this will likely be of little use to
the OP ;).  It mostly lets you start and stop webapps.  Since it shares
connectors with later Tomcat versions, this information is available via JMX
however.