tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 2smart4u <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Always load balance to same box with different tomcat contexts
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:08:11 GMT
Guys,

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 5:12 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> On 19/03/2010 12:16, 2smart4u wrote:
>
> As per the thread title the OP wanted to:
> "Always load balance to same box with different tomcat contexts"

I understood it that way that he always wanted to loadbalance the same
sessions to the same box: Maybe I misunderstood that, but I don't see
any sense in loadbalancing every request independent of any session-
data to the same box: Why then use a loadbalancer anyways? But I guess
I'm missing something here

I guess this is a communication-(language?)-problem: A lot of ppl here
are not native speakers, so things got & will get mixed up.

Anyways, I guess the OP now has a whole bunch of information where he
can pick the most suitiable from

> That's the thing with e-mail, no-one can tell what tone of voice you are
> using or see the smile on your face as you type it. Particularly on
> mailing lists where people don't know each other, recipients have to
> reply soley on the text they see in front of them. What seems humerous
> to one person can appear completely differently to someone else. To me,
> "2smart4u" comes across as arrogant rather than funny.

Well, I really do hope that I don't appear  - apart from 2smart4u,
what's more or less a joke - arrogant, especially not within my posts.
If so, let me know since that's really, really not my intention.

And maybe you remember Amsterdam 2009, where we had a few beer and, if
I get it right, some mongolean food together ;)

I just didn't like my real name to show up in the lists any more since
I got mails from too many ppl asking nonsense (esp. headhunters
looking for cheap Tomcat-Admins).

Ok, I'll call it a weekend now and I'll be off for a
premier-league-football-match here in Cologne: I'm afraid we'll loose
that one anyways, but I rather watch my favourite team loose a match
than bumping around in the office ;)

Cheers!

Gregor
--
just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2