tomcat-users mailing list archives

From 2smart4u <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: mod_jk - apache to tomcat using SSL
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:07:17 GMT
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 9:53 PM, Campbell, Lance <lance@illinois.edu> wrote:
> I have a web server and an application server.  I use mod_jk to
> communicate between apache2.0 and tomcat 6.  I don't believe the
> communication between apache and tomcat is secured by default.  Is there
> a way to have it send the information in a secure way.

hm, first thing popping up in my mind:

why encrypting the traffic between httpd and tomcat (frontend /
backend) anyways? ain't it sufficient to ssl the traffic between
client and frontend (httpd)?

just wondering...

gregor
--
just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you...
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2