tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:37:04 GMT
> From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:barry.l.propes@citi.com]
> Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config

> However, I do not have an additional <Context> element
> in the conf/Catalina/ folder or subfolders

That in itself is suspicious, since Tomcat 6.0.26 should be copying every <Context>
element it finds from the webapp's META-INF directory to conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml.
 If you don't have anything under conf/Catalina/[host] then you're not running the Tomcat
you think you are.

> But it does appear to be ignoring the <Resource> element.

How are you starting Tomcat?  (Not under an IDE, I hope.)  Does the Tomcat userid have access
to the webapp's context.xml file?

We're missing something basic here.

 - Chuck