tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: RE: problems with welcome files
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 14:03:26 GMT
> From: martin [mailto:mrt181@googlemail.com]
> Subject: RE: RE: problems with welcome files
>
> Ok, httpd is not running anymore

You didn't have to shut off httpd, just use the HTTP <Connector> port.  But if you're
not using httpd for anything else, they you should get rid of it.

> Added this Alias
>  <Alias>127.0.0.1</Alias>

That was useless; remove it.  You added the IP address, not the domain name.

>     <servlet-mapping>
>         <servlet-name>FileServlet</servlet-name>
>         <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
>     </servlet-mapping>

So everything not previously delineated is sent to railo's FileServlet rather than Tomcat's
DefaultServlet - which is where welcome files declared in web.xml are handled.  This is a
problem in configuring railo, not Tomcat.

> I have configured the railo server and added a mapping
> "/"  mapps to "C:/webapps/viss-dev/"

??? What does the above mean (be specific)?

 - Chuck