tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 19:35:13 GMT
> From: RayDon1 [mailto:crdoiron@yahoo.com]
> Subject: RE: Cannot create PoolableConnectionFactory
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Context reloadable="true" debug="true" allowLinking="true">
>    <Resource
> 	    name="jdbcConnectionString"
>             auth="Container"
>             type="javax.sql.DataSource"
>             driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
>             url="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/testdb"
>             username="testUser"
>             password="testPassword"
> 	    maxActive="100"
> 	    maxWait="10000"
> 	    maxIdle="4"/>
> </Context>

I think that looks reasonable, but I'm not that familiar with PostgreSQL.  Where is the <Context>
element located?

A couple things to try:

1) Put in a real IP address rather than localhost.

2) Run tcpmon or Wireshark to see exactly what Tomcat is sending to port 5432.

I noticed from your first posting that Tomcat seems to listening only on IPv6 addresses:

tcp6  localhost:8005  [::]:*  LISTEN
tcp6  [::]:8009       [::]:*  LISTEN
tcp6  [::]:8180       [::]:*  LISTEN

There's nothing using those ports on the IPv4 tcp list.  Don't know if that's related to the
problem, but I find it curious.

 - Chuck