tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 18:31:52 GMT
> From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:barry.l.propes@citi.com]
> Subject: RE: DB connection error -Tomcat 6 config
>
> Yes, I believe that is indeed getting created.
>
> Should that be being done by Tomcat?

Yes, the <Context> element is copied from the webapp to conf/Catalina/[host]/[appName].xml
when the webapp is first deployed.  If you replace the webapp without undeploying it first,
you should also delete the [appName].xml file; otherwise, Tomcat treats it as something placed
there by the administrator to override the one packaged with the webapp.

 - Chuck