tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kees Jan Koster <kjkos...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stopping Catalina From MBean Server
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:56:20 GMT
Dear Gerukan,

> Is anybody try to stop the catalina engine from jconsole. I have been using
> Tomcat 6.0.20, and trying to stop Catalina from jconsole. I click
> "Catalina/Service/Catalina/Operations/stop" on the MBean view. INFO messages
> are written to the console related with stopping operation like below;

> INFO : Stopping service CATALINA
> INFO : Stopping Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-8080
>
> But never shut downs cleanly and waits there. If you look at the MBean view
> now, some of them are removed.

A while back I wrote a short howto on diagnosing Tomcat servers that hang on shutdown. Perhaps
you find it useful? http://java-monitor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616 In short: make a thread
dump and hunt down the threads that should have died, but have not.
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

The secret of success lies in the stability of the goal. -- Benjamin Disraeli